Thursday, January 3, 2013

Butter London Scallywag and Tape Mani


One of my New Years goals is to become better at nail art and design. I love nail polish with a passion but when it comes to nail art, I’m not the best. I have the hardest time coming up with an idea and when I think of one, I don’t feel I have the artistic abilities to make it happen. So this year, I’m going to do my best and see what I can come up with.

For my first mani of the new year, I decided to try Butter London. It’s been hard to purchase one of these just because I have a hard time with spending $14 on a nail polish. Luckily, my lovely boyfriend got me a few for Christmas so let the fun begin!
 
Scallywag (love the name) is part of their Holiday 2012 collection and is a bright turquoise glitter that is to die for. After just one coat I had full coverage but I decided to go with 2 coats to make it pop. When it dried, I had some issues with the striping tape not sticking to the glitter. The polish dried a little rough so I had to use a thin coat of fast dry clear polish and even then, I couldn’t get the tape to stick. Determined to make it work, I ended up using blue painters tape cut into strips. To my surprise, after applying Sinful Colors Black on Black, it worked! Below you have my end result. I think I did a pretty fine job, and it’s probably one of my favorite manicures I have done on myself.