Thursday, January 3, 2013

Butter London Scallywag and Tape Mani


One of my New Years goals is to become better at nail art and design. I love nail polish with a passion but when it comes to nail art, I’m not the best. I have the hardest time coming up with an idea and when I think of one, I don’t feel I have the artistic abilities to make it happen. So this year, I’m going to do my best and see what I can come up with.

For my first mani of the new year, I decided to try Butter London. It’s been hard to purchase one of these just because I have a hard time with spending $14 on a nail polish. Luckily, my lovely boyfriend got me a few for Christmas so let the fun begin!
 
Scallywag (love the name) is part of their Holiday 2012 collection and is a bright turquoise glitter that is to die for. After just one coat I had full coverage but I decided to go with 2 coats to make it pop. When it dried, I had some issues with the striping tape not sticking to the glitter. The polish dried a little rough so I had to use a thin coat of fast dry clear polish and even then, I couldn’t get the tape to stick. Determined to make it work, I ended up using blue painters tape cut into strips. To my surprise, after applying Sinful Colors Black on Black, it worked! Below you have my end result. I think I did a pretty fine job, and it’s probably one of my favorite manicures I have done on myself.
 
 

 
 

4 comments :

  1. This one is awesome! How long did you let the base coat dry, before applying the tape? This mani is killer billy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pictures dont do it justice, it was awesome. I probably waited about an hour...the base dried really fast, but SUPER rough.

      Delete
  2. Cool mani! I just got some nail tape so I can try this:)

    ReplyDelete