Wednesday, May 8, 2013

ABC Challenge - R is for Raquel!

Happy hump day! Let's get my missing Q post out of the way first. Q is for Quitter....I quit. I couldn't think of a dang thing to do for Q and I had no luck at all finding any Q polish at the store. Once I saw what every one did for the challenge I was super impressed, but I didn't want to take anyone's idea so I decided to skip it all together. I was super busy  last week with work anyways, so its alright.

Now for R! R is for Raquel!!! Let me give you the back story....growing up, Raquel was an extremely unique name and it still is. I was the kid that wanted key chains, pens, and tiny license plates that had my name on it. But because Raquel is not a popular name, I could never find it. When I would find one, I'd beg my parents to buy it because it was so rare. Well fast forward to about 2 years ago, I was dinking around on the internet and thought, I wonder if there is a polish out there named Raquel. Typed into Google, "Raquel Nail Polish" and BAM! There it was....BB Couture - Raquel, part of their Classic Hollywood Divas Collection. My jaw dropped and I had to have it, regardless of the color and brand. 

The polish is named after Raquel Welch, a popular American actress and sex-symbol in the 1960's, a woman who I am also named after lol. The color is actually pretty awesome. I can only describe it as a maroonish-brown color with silver glitters. The photo as usual doesn't do it justice, its got a old school vibe that just screams 1960's. I really do love it every time I wear it. I cant wait to see what every one else has for the challenge today! 




15 comments :

  1. This is really pretty!! And how cool to find your name on something!! Especially a polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful polish! I'm a bit jealous because there aren't any polishes with my name. Zoya has a Christina (with h, so it isn't a true match) but it's a sort of plain white... It doesn't represent me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous polish and how cool to find a polish with your name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this dark rich color, perfect for the name Raquel! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this is really unusual and VERY pretty! A lovely polish with a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best Q!! Lol, you more than make up for it with your lovely R!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe I had to chuckle at your Q post :P
    Aww that is so special to find your namesake polish! Hmmm, my name is kind of uncommon too, I wonder....

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so nice to have a polish by your name! I want a Simona polish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That color is really pretty and unique and it's awesome that you found a namesake polish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very beautiful polish! Great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off, I'm in love with your Q post. LOLOLOL. I hear ya.

    Congrats on finding another fabulous Raquel!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting! The color is so misterious and sexy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww you have a polish with your name! That is unique! Although the name Raquel is quite popular in Spain, so I didn't know you had all those difficulties to find stuff with your name on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw - you have a nicer color for your name than I do mine. I like the glitter in there, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete